The Rest of The Oasis

9.09.2024

Introducing O.E.N Rambles: Hey It Adds More Posts To The Oasis

  Greetings to the interwebs its the One-Eyed Nerd here again. Now yes this place is looking like a ghost town because well I might of devoured more then I could chew with the long from blog post here. So this was the idea of the rambles, more short from post that I can type out without overthinking the long posts. Now a idea of this blog was that I wanted to post more and grow it to say from a community around it. Well that was great on paper and if it was the early 2000s, then it could work, but well the landscape has changed for a lack of a better word. I guess most people would go to social media and post whatever idea comes to their head, then bam its out there for everyone to see.

    Lets take for example a small post on a blog vs mainstream social media. Here you make the post and you have more control and if you know html and css then you can waste a day just with formatting and experimenting. Compare that to social media on the other hand. Well you have a word limit depending on the platform, not counting your freedom is limited as in how your post can look. You think oh hey the blog is perfect, and I love the blog but there is a tiny issue, and that issue is the people. What I mean is more on getting people to see what you post. 

    Now you be thinking, "But the Internet is what everyone uses nowadays, its filled to the brim." To that here is a question to you, and it is this. Where are the people at exactly? If you said any of the big social media platforms then congratulations because I bet you got here from social media. If you got here by word of mouth, or hell even a damn search engine then I must of hit the big time then.

    To clarify, sure I have my opinions on the modern internet, but that could be it own ramble well technically a rant. It is wild to think thought how huge the web is now, but has anyone notice it don't seem to lead to anywhere cool? Sure if you search say, replace a oil pan in a Datsun 380z, you get youtube videos or old car forums, but that would make sense, because it is a niche interest. A regular user will get 100s of the same damn title of a website headline with tiny changes to set them apart, you know the ones im talking about, and don't get me started on recipe website or god forbid gaming news.

    Well that's all folks for tonight and hey for shits and giggles lets play a game. I created a few (totally real) headlines for the top site on the internet, lets see if you been on the web long enough to pick them out. Post the reference and the site down in the comment, I want to see if people can get it. This is the One-Eyed Nerd saying good night and don't take the internet too serious it not the most accurate depiction of real life. Now here is I Love My Computer from Bad Religion's 2000 album, The New America.

O.E.N Presents: Click Out That Click Bait.

"Top 10 ways to Boil an egg, You Never Known About Number 5."

"Call of Duty is Doing What? Find Out in The New Teaser For Call of Duty 156."

"Fact Checking the Conspiracy That the X Files is Real."

"Idiocracy Could Happen in Real Life, Heres What to Know."

"Demonic Invasion on Mars Military Base: It's [ Insert Name Here ]'s Fault."

"Zeon Is The Good Guys: Expert Says."

"The X-Virus is a biological weapon (And that's a good thing)."

"How to Make a Pig in a Blanket, After you read my long and boring ass life story about my Family Tree and how it somehow relates to making a Pig in a Blanket." 

And much more on Click Out That Click Bait. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love your blogs! Can’t wait to see what is on your mind next!

    ReplyDelete

Here are some ground rules for comments
1. Keep it civil, I should not have to explain that.
2. And no spam, I love the canned Spam as the next guy, but not the internet kind.
3. No personal info in your comments please.